Thursday, December 9, 2010
Tradition
I have been trying to finish some blankets for the boys beds for some time now, I finally borrowed my mom's quilting frames so that I could get them done. The house was starting to frusterated me because of the clutter and all of my sewing stuff being out. I had to run to the store to get some more material and as I returned home instead of frustration I was taken back in time to my childhood. Every year I remember the big traditions of decorating the tree, dancing around it to Johnny Mathis Christmas, the ghost of Christmas presents and other memories. But the main tradition that I remembered today was my parents sewing pajamas, dresses and other gifts with fabric, elastic, sewing machines and sergers cluttering our livingroom. Constant measurements, the smell of boiling cinnamon sticks, CHRISTMAS. I was taken back and I walked into my kitchen turned on some music and started sewing. Tradition.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment