
I work in Labor and Delivery and love it. On so many occasions you have patients that you just really bond with, you assist in delivering their baby and then you never see them again. In July I had a patient that was so cute and we had a lot of fun. Yesterday she stopped by with her husband and baby to bring me a card and this adorable cake that she had made for me. I was taken back at first, no patient has ever made me something before, and she had worked so hard on it, and I guess she kept calling to find out when I worked so that she could bring it by. She said that her sister helped her make it and that her sister couldn't believe she was going to so much work for her nurse. My patient said that she just told her sister that if she had met me she wouldn't be questioning. I thought it was so sweet and it really made my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment