Friday, July 31, 2009

Family Reunion Time



July 23-25 we went up to Idaho to the big Stanton family reunion. We camped up Emigration canyon. It was a beautiful campground and we had a great time. The kids and I caravaned with Brittny and my mom and Curtis came up Friday afternoon with Mark and James. We arrived late Wednesday night and right when we drove in Bill and Scott ran over and helped us level the tent trailer and set it up. They also helped Brittny set up her tent, it was great.

The children had a blast playing with their cousins, they played with marshmellow shooters, hiked around, played in the little stream that ran through the campground and just got filthy. After dinner on Friday we roasted marshmellows and made s'mores. It was really a great weekend.

Mikaylee, John Benjamin, Sariah and Olivia, playing in the dirt. The things that entertain children.

Gabe really wanted to be independant which was a little difficult for me because he still doesn't walk so his knees and feet were so dirty.



On Friday afternoon we went to the Paris tabernacle and went for a free tour. The building was built in 1853 and is beautiful. It was really interesting to learn the history. We even sang I am a Child of God to test out the accoustics. It was so great being there with my family, cousins etc. and singing this song. The spirit was strong and it was really great.

Saturday we went to the Minnetonka cave. It was really fun. I think it would have been better if Max and Cole weren't so onery. Max had to leave halfway through because he thought he was going to pee his pants so Curtis took him out. At the bottom of the cave they turn out the lights to show you how dark it is, Cole frieked out and wouldn't stop whinning the rest of the way out, which made it harder for me to enjoy the experience.

We all got to touch a stalagmyte, it felt almost fake. The kids said that they really enjoyed the cave.





After we went through the cave we headed home. It was hard to leave because it was really an enjoyable weekend and I didn't feel like I got to visit enough. We drove home by bear lake and through Logan. Shortly after we left Logan Gabe started thowing up so we had to pull over and clean it up, and change his and Maryssa's clothes, because he threw up all over her. After that we couldn't get home fast enough because he kept throwing up and eveyone was whinning and crying. It was a hard way to end such a great weekend, but that's life right. Gotta love vacations, you get home and feel like you need a vacation from your vacation. It was fun though and I can't wait until next year to do it all over again.

1 comment:

  1. It really WAS fun! I'm sorry Gabe got sick on the way home! I can't think of anything worse than throw-up in the car!

    ReplyDelete