Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dance Festival

Wednesday May 27, 2009 was the dance festival at the kids school. This is one of my favorite activities to attend. Each year they have a theme and each grade does a dance around that theme. In years past it has been dances from around the world, dancing through the decades and this year music from movies. I taught the sixth grade this year and we did a routine to a song from Swing Kids. They did so good and I was proud of how it turned out. This is the sixth grade, Maryssa is the one in the orange skirt and striped shirt.




Sariah's class did a song from Grease, it was darling. I was so mad at myself because she was on the opposite side from where I was sitting so I ran around to the other side to tape it. When I was done I realized that I actually had paused the recorderer and hadn't gotten any of it. So I have to get a copy of hers from another parent. Sariah is in the purple skirt and shirt. She looked great.








Stanton's class did mambo from West Side Story. I love watching Stanton dance because he does a good job, but he always has a look of boredom on his face. When they went in the middle of the circle all the boys acted all macho and showed their muscles, it was so cute.






























Max and Cole did Supercalafragalisticexpealidocious, or however it is spelled from Mary Poppins.
They did their dance with little streamers, they worked so hard on their dance and were so proud of it. They would practice it at home and kept showing it to me and asking me if it looked good, of course it did.









The whole festival was so great. All the kids worked so hard and I loved watching all the grades and the dances. So much talent, it was a wonderful afternoon.









No comments:

Post a Comment