Saturday, June 27, 2009

Children's Parade


When I was growing up every year we would enter the children's parade with my cousins. We took first every year except for one when we took second. The last year that we participated was the year that Curtis and I got married. This year my Uncle Jim and my cousin Sarah decided it would be fun to enter with all of our children. The theme of our float was honoring our military family. Sarah and my Uncle Jim did a great job on the float and we took first place again. The children had a lot of fun either riding on the float(Max depicted a marine and Cole a navy man) or decorating their scooters with red, white and blue to ride next to the float. The whole morning was very nostalgic and really alot of fun. Maybe we will have to revive this tradition. Thanks Uncle Jim and Sarah, it was Great!
Max and Cole looking oh so very cute as members of the military.
Sariah was very proud of her scooter decorating job.
Curtis helping Stanton decorate his scooter in red, white, and blue.
Maryssa and I decorated her's and she is ready to roll.
Gabe looked very festive in his sparkling stroller all decked out in patriotic colors.

Abraham Lincoln was also there so of course I had to get a picture with all of the children. I must say he looks great for being over 200 years old.

2 comments:

  1. What parade was this? Orem's summmer fest? I think that is awesome. The kids look like they had so much fun. BTW your header picture of the kids looks great! Did you have your brother in law do it again? I need pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a lot of fun! You got some great pictures. Hope you don't mind if you see a few of them on my blog too. And feel free to copy mine if you ever want too! This is a great way to share pictures!

    ReplyDelete