Sunday, April 19, 2009

Good Breakfast=Bad News?

I had bought some coffee cake mix from Costco a couple of weeks ago and hadn't made it because it takes to long to cook on a school day morning. So when Gabe woke up extra early one morning so I made it to the gym early and home I decided to make the coffee cake for breakfast. I also had some strawberries and yogurt so I thought that smoothies would be good with the coffee cake. I threw the food in the oven and got the kids up and ready for school and then made the smoothies for breakfast. The kids were getting really excited and kept asking what the occasion was that I was making a special breakfast. I just kept telling them that I just thought that it would be yummy and I was home from the gym early. We all sat down and I dished up the food to five very happy children, or so I thought. A few minutes after the prayer Maryssa started to cry and said, "what's the bad news that you had to make us a yummy breakfast to butter us up before you tell us." I didn't know that making something different for breakfast meant that bad news was coming. No bad news, just thought it sounded good for breakfast.

3 comments:

  1. Too funny!!! She is a crack up! I would love to know where her thinking came from!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make a yummy breakfast! Such a funny story! You better be working on you vacation entry. We took so many pictures. Our computers except for one all have something wrong with them-Allen thinks it might be a virus so he said don't download pictures yet. Darn it!

    ReplyDelete