Curtis and I had planned a trip to visit Washington D.C. and to go to the temple before it closed for renovation. We were very excited to go and a few days before we were to leave we looked up the temple schedule to find that it was going to be closed for cleaning the weekend we were going. We were very disappointed, but decided to go regardless. We had to stop and get some cafe rio in Virginia on our way up. We still went to the temple and walked around the grounds which were amazing. Then we spent about 2 hours in the visitors center, walking around and watching videos on missionary work. After the temple we headed to Union Market and got some delicious food, we had Korean tacos, empanadas and Venezuelan food. Then we headed to the capitol and walked around to all of the monuments. It was really neat to see all of the monuments that I had learned about and seen pictures of, but there were some rallies going on that really took away from enjoying the day fully. As we left I told Curtis that I wish that we would have ended with the temple so that I could have a better feeling to end the day. The next day we went to Arlington National Cemetery, which was so cool, especially watching a ceremony at the tomb of the unknown soldier. On our way back home we stopped and picked up cafe rio for dinner again to take home to the kids. It really was a fun weekend, and really needed mommy/daddy alone time!













No comments:
Post a Comment