Thursday, February 12, 2009
Draper Temple Open House
We went to the open house for the Draper Temple yesterday as a family. It was such a wonderful afternoon, and so well organized. We went to a church and watched a video on temples, we then loaded a bus and went to the temple. As we walked through the girls especially asked questions about the different rooms of the temple and kept commenting on how beautiful everything was. The last room you go to is the Sealing room as we sat there Maryssa was asking about why the brides don't walk down an aisle and that it didn't sound very fun to buy a nice dress and kneel in it. I explained to her how beautiful and spiritual a sealing is and was also telling her about the mirrors and how after your sealed you look in them with your spouse. She asked if I cried at my sealing to Curtis. Of course I did and I told her that after Curtis and I were sealed the sealer had us look in the mirror and told us that our children were there and that they were happy that we were married. My girls started to cry and Maryssa said that she didn't need to walk down an aisle and she couldn't wait to be married. It was such a wonderful afternoon, I love the peace you feel in the temple and the fact that I was there with my children made it all the more special. Even though the temple has not been dedicated yet the spirit is still there. It was a great day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment