Sunday, July 15, 2012

4th of July

On the morning of the 4th Maryssa, Sariah, Jocelyn and I did the 5K freedom run.  Sariah had a cough and was having difficulty breathing so we dropped her off with Curtis on the parade route and finished the race without her.


 It was a beautiful day and we had a great spot where we were in the shade the whole time.  The parade was enjoyable and the kids loved being with their cousins.



 Scott Meek is in the new Saints and Soldiers movie and so he stopped and took a picture with the kids.  He also let them help him shoot his gun.



After the parade we went to my Grandpa Stanton's home and had a BBQ.  It was a little difficult because my Grandma was not there and this has always been her holiday.  But I can't help but think that she was there in spirit celebrating right along with us.  I love our country and am so Proud to be an American!

No comments:

Post a Comment