Monday, August 22, 2011

Girls Camp

I was called as the yw camp director this year. Our theme was BOOT (Building Our Own Testimonies) camp. This calling ended up being a lot more difficult than I thought it would be, but in the end very rewarding. We went up to Blackhawk campground for 4 days. When we arrived I divided the girls into their platoons and they set up their tents, then they made a tent flag to fly outside their tents.



After we made the flags we went on a hike where we sang songs and discussed the YW values and the reason behind their colors. When we returned back to camp we relaxed until dinner and campfire activities which included nightly scripture reading. The next morning we did a mine field activity and barely finished before we were stuck in a down pour. It rained for about 2hrs and then let up enough for us to participate in a compass activity. As we were walking back up from the activity it started raining again.






Thursday morning we did some certifications and played faith factor.


Than after lunch we went to the Grotto and the girls had a blast playing in the waterfall.




It turned out to be a great week, I hope that the girls testimonies were strengthened and they will have these memories to look back on fondly, I know I will.




No comments:

Post a Comment