Friday, March 18, 2011

Evelyn Nicole Mckinney

On the morning of March 16th I got a call from Chelsea telling me that she had been contracting most of the night and they had gone away but that she was now bleeding. I asked her a few questions and then told her to go in and be seen because I couldn't diagnose this on the phone and could be something as simple as cervical dilation or something as serious as a mild abruption. I met her at the hospital and after a couple of hours she was sent home. After the visit I checked her cervix and she was 3cm and about 80% effaced. I picked up kids went home and was going about me day when Jocelyn called me and told me that Chelsea was contracting more regularly and she could talk or walk through them but was nervous to go back and be sent home. I had to work that night so I loaded the children in the car, met Curtis and than went to see Chelsea I rechecked her and told her that she was 5+ cm and should go in. I called work and found someone to come in for me until I could get there and went to the hospital. Chelsea had decided to go unmedicated with this delivery and was a champ. I must admit that at one point I left the sister role and took on the nurse role. Evelyn Nicole Mckinney was born at 8:09pm and weighed in at 8lbs. 60z. Congrats Mckinney family on your new arrival and thank you for letting me be part of this great event.

After school on Thursday I took the kids over to visit and meet their new cousin. They all adored her and were so excited for the new addition to our extended family.





No comments:

Post a Comment