Monday, January 3, 2011
Emotions
For the first time this morning I felt like I shared the house with a teenager. I just purchased some curlers and had used them on my hair on Sunday. Maryssa liked the way they looked so that night I put her hair in them for Monday morning. When I went to wake them up for school Maryssa had taken the curlers out during the night because they were uncomfortable. Her hair however still looked darling. She did not see it the same as me she felt like there was a flat part and was very upset about it. I told her it looked great and to get ready for school. Than she couldn't find her uniform shirt and started having a fit about that and complained that she would be suspended if she wasn't in full uniform. I told her to look again and to look in her brother's closet as well. She was throwing a fit and saying that she had hung it up when I had asked her to the week before after washing it. Her room looks like and bomb has gone off in it and I told her no wonder she couldn't find it. I went in her room and found her shirt. Than it was back to the hair, she said it looked terrible and that people would make fun of her. She went into the bathroom to try and curl the one section she felt was subpar with the straightener and ended up straightening that piece. Than the emotions really came out and she locked herself in the bathroom and proclaimed that her life was over and that she was ugly. Sariah was mad because now she couldn't get into the bathroom and time was running out. I told Maryssa to come eat and that I would fix her hair. After breakfast I quickly fixed the flat piece and we went in to read scriptures. I thought that we were done for the morning, but I had forgotten about the fact that now Maryssa can wear make-up and she didn't have time now to try and put it on, so I had Sariah read while I did Maryssa's make-up. Than she started to cry about how tired she was, and what a bad daughter she was. Oh boy, when did she grow up from my sweet little girl and become an emotional teenager. HELP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment