Thursday, October 28, 2010

To the Rescue

On Thursday I had worked a 12 hour shift and than had a coordination council meeting. I was talking to Curtis as I was walking out, I got into the car and it wouldn't start. All I said was the car won't start and Curtis said "I'm on my way." 20min later he was jumping the car and I was on my way home. This night brought me back to another memory of shortly after we got engaged, it seemed like everything was going wrong with my car the exhaust went out, I needed new tires, etc. Then the final straw came one morning when I was on my way to work and stopped to get gas and I couldn't get the gas tank open, I used the pay phone to call my mom and was sitting crying in the car waiting for her, when Curtis leaned in the car window and said "It can't be that bad." He had been driving by on his way to work and saw me at the station and figured he would stop real quick and say high. He helped me open up the tank, pumped the gas and kissed me goodbye. He always comes to my rescue and I realized that day how much I loved him and couldn't wait to spend the rest of my life with him. Thank you honey for always coming to my rescue, you are my knight in jeans and a polo.

No comments:

Post a Comment